Thursday, August 27, 2009

Toddler Time

Her true colors really popped out on Tuesday when Amanda, Madi and I went to dinner at Outback...

Screams galore, and tantrums as well. I think that I had my first official 'Mommy Meltdown', I got sorta panicky, stressed, and of course... embarrassed! I couldn't believe that my precious little baby, who once was so helpless and dependant on me, had become defiant, opinionated, and as independent as EVER!

If I touched something that she didn't want me to touch, or if I did something that she didn't want me to do the squeals came out {and I am talking the breaking the glass high-pitch screeeeaaams!}... We got some interesting looks, and got to hear some outsiders perspectives. We relocated from inside to the outdoor patio, where there were a lot less people to agitate.

The Mommy Meltdown consisted of me feeling inadequate and not knowing what to do - after all, I have never experienced anything like this with a child of my own, so I just dealt with it, and if she would scream for something I would take it away that way she knew that screaming didn't get her what she wanted... we will see how it all goes - but I am not gonna lie, the 'Terrible Two's' are right around the corner and I am not sure how I am going to handle, I just want to do what is right, I am not a huge fan of making mistakes...

So put your glasses up ladies and *Cheers* to Motherhood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment