Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Most Beautiful Experience

Last night was such a relaxing night. Madi was sleeping and I was relaxing and lounging around our new home, listening to a beautiful compilation of songs performed by Don Ross and Andy Mckee, the Album is titled 'The Thing That Came From Somewhere'. It is purely a compilation of guitar, no vocals or anything else, it is so soothing.

Madi started crying at about 10:30, the crying did not taper off after a couple minutes, so I went into her room. As I looked into her crib she was laying there with her arms wide open, signaling me to pick her up. It was the cutest thing, especially because her PJ shirt said 'I Love Mommy'.

I reached down and grabbed her and Melody - Her bear, that she loves so much. I handed her her sippy cup and she guzzled the water down. Once she was done she handed me her cup, let out a big sigh, then she nuzzled her face into my chest - as I smiled.

I went over and turned on her nightlight, as she continued to grip me close to her. I figured that it was a great opportunity to give some love to my daughter, which I love doing! We proceeded to the rocking chair and I embraced her, wrapping my arms around her as I rocked the chair back and forth.

She was loving it, embracing Me with one arm, and Melody with the other. As she lay with her head on my chest, I could tell she was at peace. We were both loving each other - and I felt so invigorated - I felt beautiful - I felt so blessed...

As the music played I reminisced over the last 15 months, of her amazing little life. I continued to rock her... I was running my fingers through her hair, and caressing her little face, and rubbing her tiny arms and legs as she laid so vulnerably in my arms, falling back asleep. I cannot believe the responsibility that God has given me, to guide this child through her life, to help her grow, and to teach her how to best live her life, I am like a shepard and she is like a little sheep that God has given me to care for...

It was so beautiful, I wish I had a picture... But instead I only have words to describe last night, and a memory that I will cherish forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment