Friday, July 24, 2009

Little Lady in {pink}

"uh-oh" she says!

Oh... she knows if it is wrong! She may look innocent, but she knows! I love her for it though. Throwing things in the toilet, pulling all of the toilet paper off of the roll, putting things in the garbage that do not belong there, and the best story EVER... drum roll people... Painting her own toenails - and everything else - on Mommy's new carpet :)

I know, I know. What was I thinking?! right... if only I had put it away. But that is life, and that is what brings smiles to our faces - moments like these!

Well, there is no doubt that she mimics everything that I do. I remember about a month ago I went in and opened the bathroom cupboard, and madi was in tow as usual, I grabbed a Q tip and began cleaning my ears, Mini Me Madi, decided to grab one too, then she proceeded to attempt putting it in her ear, as I pulled it away she screamed... that was only the begining... it was a learning lesson for Mommy, for sure!

So back to the subject at hand: Yesterday I figured 'hey! her personality has mellowed down a little bit, maybe she will finally let me paint her toenails' - with a smile on my face. So, I ventured out to find a pair of cute sandals that I could put on her that way her toes were somewhat contained before I painted them... I put the snug sandals on her feet, pulled out the OPI Cherry Blossom {bright pink}, cute as ever, nail polish and began to paint her cute little toes. She loved it and she stayed still sitting in my lap, watching in adoration, and of course, I - the girly girl of all girly girls - was thrilled that she is finally letting me do what I have wanted to do forever! For the first time, her feet resembled cute girly feet, yay! I felt accomplished...

So, I screwed the top back on the polish and set it on the living room end table then I went back into madi's room to clean up the mess that I made searching for the perfect sandals for her, she didn't follow me - which is unusual because I often mistake her for being my tail... it was quiet for a few seconds and part of me was suspicious, So I ran back into the living room and to my great surprise she was sitting on the carpet painting her toes a "little" more, apparently I didn't paint them enough.

I gasped in horror!
I said in a very loud voice, "Madi!!"

She dropped the brush and began to squeal, with the cute puckered frown on her face... Poor baby, she was only doing what she just saw me do. (sorry I didn't even think to get a picture of the carpet until after the fact, it lloked worse than her foot, thankfully I caught her before she ingested it!)

I laughed, picked her up, embraced her and reassured her that everything was okay, then I put her into her high chair and immediately began to make phone calls, to figure out how to get the "what was once beautiful pink" out of my beautiful new carpet...

I love her! It was great, I ended up using a whole bottle of acetone to clean the carpet, and it worked... amazingly! I calmed Madi, gave her a bath and now, I will have a great memory to share with her when she is older.

*smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment