Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eventful Times

With Madi there are no dull Moments... Because of who she is! This picture describes it perfectly. She sure does light up my life though, and there seems to be laughter at all times. I love this kid!
Sunday night was fun, doing our usual routine: Dinner, Bath, reading, then 'Ni-Ni' AKA bedtime, which she has not been a huge fan of lately...

She has been picky lately with what and when she wants to eat, so I was having a hard time getting her to eat dinner. I told her that I would give her a treat if she ate a little more - who knows if she knew what I was saying, but she ate a little more, so I gave her a white chocolate covered red velvet cake - yumm! She loved it! She started to crawl out of her chair (I didn't have her in her high chair, because she is getting a little bigger and she knows how to sit in a chair and eat at the table now) and she crawled up on to the counter, I asked her to come down and sit on her bottom. She shook her head no. I told her if she didn't sit in the chair I would take her cake away, she was still reluctant, so I took it away. She did the usual, screaming at the top of her lungs in frustration. My response was, "Sit in your chair and I will give it back." Again she shook her head no, so the cake was done, and Madi wasn't too thrilled. Can you say stubborn?

It was bath time, and she loves the bath which is surprising, because she hates me washing her hair or anything else for that matter, all she wants to do is play. She grabbed the cup that I use to wet her hair and scooped up water and began to drink it pouring it all down her chest, she choked a little and I raised her arms. She kept choking, when all of a sudden red vomit came out with the water that she was choking on. That wasn't the end of that... Once she saw the 'red stuff' in the water she of course responded very quickly before I could grab her and stuck her hands in it and stirred it around in the water. I couldn't help but laugh, because NO moment with Madi is dull! So I had to give her another bath!

Bedtime was fun, we read and snuggled. Mommy, Melody, and Madi - it was probably a Kodak moment. She loves me to read to her... I don't know if it is because it is soothing to her or if it is because it delays bedtime, but regardless I still LOVE it! These moments are priceless to me, I cannot get enough. Sometimes I wonder if children are a gift, to parents. Everyday my eyes are opened more and more to beauty and life because of her... Being a Mom is truly amazing, and indescribable! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment